"Only a Shimada can control the dragons"
Archer is a basic marksman class that can used to harass enemy opponents in mid range. He can deal a large amount of damage in a short period of time.
The archer class is one of the four basic classes that the player can use to start with the game. A new player can find this to be a little bit challenging to use, since it requires good aim, proper timing of skills, and just like the majority of ranged classes: its attacks can only shoot straight ahead from where you're character is facing.
Archer's first ability, "Grapple Arrow" can be used to navigate through the play area of the map. This ability can be used to flee or to jump into a field of battle. What makes this class unique is its ability to deal a large amount of damage in a short period of time. Its ability "Rapid Shot" can be used to fend of from a chasing opponent, or to damage opponents in a small area.
- ATTACK: Swift Arrow : Shoots out an arrow that deals 200 damage to an opponent
- ABILITY 1: Grapple Arrow : Fires a grapple that pulls you toward the location, or pulls enemies towards you. The grapple arrow travels in a short distance on an arc-like path.
- ABILITY 2: Rapid Shot : after 0.5s, shoot out rapidly 3 arrow from its bow. Each arrow deals 100 damage to an opponent.
- CRITICAL: Pulse Arrow : after 1s delay, shoot out a huge bolt that deals damage and hit multiple targets
- Its first ability, Grapple Arrow can be used to pull enemies that are close to being defeated, or to flee from a field of battle when your health is running low.
- If being chased by an opponent, try to fire into his direction while fleeing (but remember to always watch your back!) to deal some damage to the chaser, while trying to regain your lost health.
- Although this class cannot progress that far in-game when used by starting players, an experienced player can find this class to be still quite fun to use.
- Its class quote, "Only a Shimada can control the dragons" came from Hanzo - a character from Overwatch, which is, coincidentally, also uses a bow to attack opponents.